Walking fast can live longer

Move is a sign of vitality

A new study published by the Journal of the American Medical Association, the walking speed can be a good indicator of the longevity of an elderly person.

Professor Stephanie Studenski, University of Pittsburgh, who compiled the results of nine previous studies from 1986 to 2000 and involving nearly 35,000 people aged 65 and over, claims to be "able to demonstrate that the ability a person to move strongly reflects the vitality and health. "

The team found that it was possible to calculate a survival rate of almost exactly 10 years just by taking into account the rate of speed of walking for seniors. Those who have a life expectancy average walked 0.8 meters per second, while those who walked more than 1 meter per second seemed to live longer.

The researchers note that the prediction of longevity based on walking speed becomes progressively more accurate as the observed subject has passed the milestone of 75 years. "Walking requires energy, motion control, support and requirements for systems of several organs including the heart, lungs, circulatory, nervous, musculo-skeletal disorders. Slowing the march may reflect both damaged systems and a high energy cost of walking, "says research by the team at the University of Pittsburgh.

"This is a real part of human experience to see that when someone slows with age, he has lost some of its ability to do as well as in the past," said Dr. Studenski.
Google Traduction pour les :RecherchesVidéosE-mailsMobilesChatsEntreprises

Views: 54

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello Khelil, are you from Tunisia, how are really the things there, if you are there, please let us know if you are safe.
thankyou dear sister fgor thinking about as :yes from tunisia ,and Ial very well very happy ;very happy :we are free now sister WEARE FREE no more dicttore here in tunisia .now I can give more elderly-service .before I cant sad all things in net sven net is controlled .have democretic-society now .Ican give associate more then before to humanity .Ihave much things to do to sad .BEFORE i LOSSED MY FAMILY AND CHILDRENS AND ALL MY OWNS .YOU KNOW WAY .ONLY BECAUSE iWANT AND INCICTE TO WORKED THE ELDERLYS ANS SICKS AND HANDICAPPEDS AND SAME TIME DONT LIKE TO BE INSIDE THE DICTATORY GOUVERNEMENT

DEAR SISTER NOW i CAN DO MUCH THINGS FOR HUMANITY .NOW SISTER i AM VERY HAPPY VERY HAPPY .NOW i AM FFR4EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Attachments:
thank you very much dear friend and I told you my story and very sad, just because I wanted to help the sick and elderly. This is history that began in 1990 when I wanted to create an association of friends of patients. j ' underpins married and I have 3 beautiful children. but this dictator government banned .. and as I had a little restaurant I took the charge to feed the sick in the hospital in my area with contract and with the 1 / 3 the price of other restaurant pure 2 years. My wife is suffering from nervous diseases I was telling to live together and help. but the government has charged to attack me and we separate and pure systems terrible. dear friends I am wrong for days and days to include crimes that made me, but I tell you now these results: ile kept me up my passport for 20 years now. they forced me to divorcing my wife and I leave my city and my children: 30 years (.28 years schizophrène. schizophrenic and the other 27 years. I have married again without leaving my children without leaving my principles to help patients and old: I sold my house I create an institution for the protection of the elderly at home and I want to stop till I get to create a shelter. excuse me, dear friends. I can not letter I quote with a false story. toue because I have my documents and my witnesses and my evidence for this island and mountain prevented from leaving the state: Thank you and goodbye: Khelil

RSS

Networking Community of Conscious Beings committed to Holistic Healing, Education & Spiritual Activism

What is Humanity Healing?

Ways to Help

"We do not run a service to make money. We raise money to run our service"

Gifts to Humanity Healing International are deductible for U.S. federal income tax purposes.

Suggestions, Ideas?
Please contact us:
contact@humanityhealing.net

HHI-(571)374-4674

Humanity Healing New Rules

OMTimes Broadcast Network now has its it's own Radio channel.  Conscious Programming and Music 24 hours day.
Try  Now
Desktop
Mobile
No App Required

Network Spotlights

Follow me on Blogarama
www.omtimes.com

Confused about how to navigate this site? Click on the red button below and go straight to the Orientation Station.

Birthdays

Birthdays Today

Music

Loading…

© 2019   Created by Humanity Healing International.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Humanity Healing Community Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...