This might be a very helpful website.
Looking for housing options for yourself, an aging parent, relative, or friend? Do some research first to determine what kind of assistance or living arrangement you need; what your health insurance might cover; and what you can afford. Then check here for financial assistance resources and guides for making the right choice. Talk to a HUD-approved housing counselor(HUD counselor)
if you have questions about your situation.
Stay in Your Home
- Home modification and repair
- Reverse mortgages for seniors
- Rural housing loans
- Find in-home help
- Meals on wheels
Find an Apartment
- Affordable Rental Housing
- Units for the Elderly and Persons with Disabilities
- Public housing and Housing Choice (Section 8) Vouchers
- Rural rental help
Housing Plus Help
- Decisions about retirement living
- AARP's Guide to Housing Options
- Guide to choosing a nursing home
- Consumer and Family Caregiver Information
- Guidance for 55 and older communities
Family Caregiver Alliance
The Family Caregiver Alliance has fact sheets about common aging diseases and disorders especially created for the family.