As part of our ongoing commitment to provide a high level of service for all of our members, we have been re-organising our groups. As a result of this, we have made the decision to delete all inactive groups. We class a group as being inactive if there has been no activity relevant to the groups’ topic for a period of 90 days or more. (Please note that pictures and ‘hello’ and ‘thank you’ comments do not constitute relevant group activity).

We view our groups as an extension of our family, so we don’t take any pleasure in having to remove abandoned or inactive groups. However, we do not see the point in leaving groups on our site that are not being updated with relevant discussions on a regular basis. We believe that all of our groups should have fresh content posted for the group members to interact with at least twice every month. Unfortunately we have seen a pattern where people open groups and either no content is placed within the group, or the group creator puts information in the group initially, and then simply abandons the group.

Where possible, we will be asking members of these abandoned or inactive groups if anyone wishes to take over the group before we decide to delete it. Many people find managing a group to be a fulfilling and worthwhile experience, and we are hoping that more of our members will consider taking on an abandoned or inactive group and breathing fresh life into it. However, if no-one steps forward to manage these abandoned or inactive groups then a deletion date will be scheduled and all of the group members informed.  Please only step forward to manage a group if you can commit to being active within the group and you are able to post a minimum of 2 fresh discussions each month.  Otherwise we will re-schedule the group for deletion at a later date.

You will notice that we are also merging groups that are about the same topic. We are doing this as we want to make it as easy as possible for all of you to not only find all of the information that we have about a topic, but also so that members can get to know others who share the same interests.

For those of you who have set up groups that simply provide links to other websites – beware! We are currently deleting all groups that do this, as our groups are not for that purpose. Our groups are here to provide relevant support and information for our members, and a place for our members to interact with others who are interested in the same topics. If you are looking for a way to advertise another website, please look under the tab labelled ‘Advertise’ at the top of any page on our site. The information on how to advertise with us is located there. Our rates are extremely reasonable and we welcome the opportunity for you to advertise with us, in the appropriate manner.

We appreciate your support and understanding as we continue to improve our service to all of you.

Much Metta,

Humanity Healing Management Team

Views: 176

Replies to This Discussion

Hi charlie! my apology for not sounding soon.  i fear i belong to the silent one, but i hope i can still be included to be able to read and once in a while, join. the nature of my work brings me away from the keyboard often, but i still see this as my alternative community when I'm home. hoping for your consideration.

Hiya Danielle,

I am short-listing a few groups each week or so that have been inactive for a long time. I then send the groups a message informing the members that due to inactivity the group may be deleted. If any of the members then wish to take over the group, they can send me a message and let me know. If there is a particular group you are interested in managing, please send me a message and I can let you know if that group is available.

For anyone who may be interested in managing a group, please first look under the tab at the top of the page labelled 'Guidelines' and select 'Opening a Group' from the drop-down menu. This shows you all of the guidelines to opening and managing groups on our site.

Namaste

I've just had the chance to read Charlie's notification about deleting non-active groups and I applaud this move. However, as a newcomer, I haven't the foggiest idea of what groups there are, much less where I would fit in. Based on my geographical location and lifestyle, maybe Charlie could direct me into a suitable place.

Hiya Mae,

I have placed some navigational tips on your page to help you find your way around 

If you are looking for all of our groups, just go to the tab labelled 'Our Groups' and click on it (don't click on the drop-down menu, just click on the actual tab). This will then take you to the first of 6 pages that list all of our groups, and then it is just a matter of you going through all of them and finding the groups that resonate with you. There is no rush, so please take your time and enjoy yourself 

You will find all of the tabs at the top of each page, so wherever you are you can always navigate to anywhere on this site. If you are looking for a fuller navigational guide, please read the discussion 'Finding Your Way Around', in this group. Here is the link for you:

http://community.humanityhealing.net/group/memberorientation/forum/... 

Please let me know if I can help you with anything else.

Many Blessings of Peace, Love, Joy and Abundance to you,

Charlie

Hiya Wilbert, please accept my apologies for not answering you sooner. I have no idea what happened around that date, sorry. We are currently trying to stir up a little activity within our groups, although we have always been aware that as we are a healing site that the pace on our site is a lot slower than on other forums. 

I hope you are finding your way around and meeting new people  Please let me know if there is anything I can help you with 

Namaste,

Charlie

RSS

Networking Community of Conscious Beings committed to Holistic Healing, Education & Spiritual Activism

What is Humanity Healing?

Ways to Help

"We do not run a service to make money. We raise money to run our service"

Gifts to Humanity Healing International are deductible for U.S. federal income tax purposes.

Suggestions, Ideas?
Please contact us:
contact@humanityhealing.net

HHI-(571)374-4674

Humanity Healing New Rules

OMTimes Broadcast Network now has its it's own Radio channel.  Conscious Programming and Music 24 hours day.
Try  Now
Desktop
Mobile
No App Required

Network Spotlights

Follow me on Blogarama
www.omtimes.com

Confused about how to navigate this site? Click on the red button below and go straight to the Orientation Station.

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Music

Loading…

© 2017   Created by Humanity Healing International.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Humanity Healing Community Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...