Plastic grocery bags and plastic water bottles – those disposable environmental nightmares – have become iconic in the current green revolution. Which is why plastic grocery bags are banned in many states, with many more on the way. Alas, single-use soda and water bottles are still ubiquitous. And even those of us who refuse to buy them, somehow seem to find ourselves in possession of the little landfill disasters.
So you’ve found yourself with a stash of bottles, maybe from your Couch-To-5k run, or your company-provided lunch, or that one time you got caught on a long drive in the middle of nowhere. Beverage trash still happens to mindful people! But that’s okay. There’s plenty of ways to get creative and up-cycle them for new and useful purposes. Here are a few fantastic ideas to get you started:
1. You can construct surprisingly elegant hanging lights, like this incredible plastic bottle chandelier.
4. Make an automatic-plant watering system, and never let another plant die due to forgetfulness.
5. While you’re at it, you can fashion a simple, small watering canto keep on hand.
8. Cut off the tops and use the bottoms as your seed starter pots for your spring garden’s indoor transplants.
9. Or, cut off the bottoms and use the tops to blow giantbubbles!
10. And don’t forget those caps too! You can use them to make mini stamps.
Love this post. Re-posted on twitter.