Forgiveness Meditation From William York
Exercise For Forgiveness and Letting Go
Many times our less positive past experiences can seem to be overwhelming and create a less than balanced experience in the present. This healing meditation is designed to allow you direct access to the energetic component of all of your past experiences and allow you to not only gain the benefit of forgiveness, but give you the opportunity to let go of the past. I highly recommend that you work on only one experience at a time. If you are working on numerous experiences with a particular individual I suggest you work on only one experience at a time. Please read this entire meditation through several times before beginning. If at any point you feel very uncomfortable during the meditation you should not continue.
It is important that before starting that you find a quiet, comfortable place to sit where you will not be disturbed for at least 45 minutes.
I find it helpful to take a good hot shower (not a bath!) before starting. Wear loose-fitting, comfortable clothing. It is best to wait at least three to four hours after eating before beginning. I find that this meditation is really best done in the early evening. After finishing you will need a good rest. You may wish to skip dinner altogether and to have someone else (if possible) have some soup ready for you when you are done. It is important that after finishing that you allow yourself at least 2 to 4 hours of rest. You will have transmuted a great deal of energy and your physical body will be tired. Also, while you will have made substantial progress in healing, the rest will allow you to not revisit the issue for several hours. When you awake you will notice a substantial clearing of energy in regards to your issue.
If you follow these steps you will have released most if not all the energy in regards to your issue. You will always be able to go back to the experience but you will have the strength to see it in a new light. However, once the issue is resolved I highly recommend that you just let it go. See it for the learning experience that it is and move on in gratitude.
This process is not about judging or blaming others. This is a very powerful meditation and the energies at work here are very real. Judging or blaming others during this meditation will only prolong your healing and make it that much more difficult to release these energies in the future.
Thirteen Step Process To Forgiveness
1. While sitting in your meditation place pick an issue. It is probably best to pick a simple one until you are familiar with the process. For most people the first time the issue usually picks itself.
2. If you have a standard practice to begin your meditation that puts you in a relaxed an open place you can use this to begin.
3. Now begin to focus on your breathing. Follow the in and out breath without attempting to control the breath. Do this for 8 to 10 repetitions.
4. Next we will do a series of affirmations in conjunction with the breath work. It is important to focus on the energy connected with these affirmations as you are breathing. The first part of each affirmation is the same and you will repeat the words on the in breath. The second part of each one is different and you will repeat it on the out breath.
All three are done in order and the order is repeated each time. You repeat the affirmations in order 1, 2, and 3 and then start at 1 again. Do the affirmations for about 15 minutes.
• (in breath) I Am
• (out breath) Whole and Complete
• (in breath) I Am
• (out breath) As God created Me
• (in breath) I Am
• (out breath) Completely Safe
5. Now you will want to focus on the experience that you chose at the beginning. It is important to remember that this time during this experience you are in complete control. Now begin to replay the experience in your mind. Focus in a very clear and objective way on the conversation(s) you had and as best you can remember what each of you said.
6. When you finish replay only your portion of the conversation. If you see (and you will) places where you treated the other person unfairly, were rude, or just went on a relentless attack you will want to sincerely offer an apology and ask for forgiveness. Prepare the content of your apology and imagine placing it inside a beautifully wrapped package. Take this package and place it front of the person (in your mind). Bow three times and each time say I am sorry. Then leave. (Again in your mind) You are not concerned with what happens to the package or what they do with. Your focus should be on making a sincere, no strings attached apology.
7. Take a few minutes to breathe and repeat the affirmations for 1 to 2 minutes. You just want to recompose for the next step and not lose momentum.
8. Now replay their portion of the conversation. This time be absolutely quiet. Try to forget your original reaction. It sometimes helps to see yourself as an uninterested third party taking notes. Listen very carefully. Now replay it again and focus on the point the other was trying to convey. Think about how you would convey the same point. When they are finished thank them for sharing in the most sincere way you can. Now ask them if there is anything else they would like to say. Very often you will receive a great deal of insight into your relationship(s) at this point. So, Listen carefully!
9. Next you need to imagine their entire conversation as a whole piece. Allow the conversation to take whatever energetic form that seems appropriate. Remember you are not being attacked here but merely listening to what was expressed without any judgment.
10. While looking at this energetic package begin to watch your breathing and repeat the affirmations. When you are ready you need to allow this package to fully enter your heart center. Continue to breath and repeat the affirmations. Very soon you will experience a deep sense of peace. When you do look into the eyes of the person and say:
I have fully received your wondrous gift. Thank you for taking the time to share your wisdom with me. I am most grateful for your gift, but it is no longer something I need.
11. Now look deeply into your heart center, repeat the affirmations, and allow the energy you received to turn into pure love and light. Now repeat these words:
I have transmuted your gift into pure love and I joyfully return it to you in the fullness of love and joy
12. Now imagine that this new gift of love is flowing from your heart center to theirs. When the transfer is complete say:
I am honored to have shared this learning opportunity with you. May all beings be blessed by the love we have shared today.
13. Thank them again and return to your heart center. Focus on your breathing and begin the affirmations again. Do this for about 3 minutes or less. Slowly bring yourself out of your meditation. Stand up, and when you are ready bow one time and thank the universe for this healing opportunity.