This month we will be keeping tabs on your New Years Resolutions, in order to empower you, help you to stay on track and give you some great tips for keeping your promise to yourself.
Empowering Resolutions: Emotional Food Diary
Make an Emotional Food Diary
1. For two weeks, make notations whenever you have a mood swing, emotional upheaval or change in energy (such as hyperactivity or lethargy).
2. Note the date and time of the event.
3. Note what actions you take to bring yourself back to balance. Do you sit down and do yoga, stretch, meditate. Do you binge eat, have a drink or do other actions revolving around food?
4. If you react with food, what do you eat? Find comfort in?
5. Note the volume of food you consume at that time. Don't lie. Write the truth in your journal.
6. The Emotional Food Dairy is NOT a judgment tool. It is a way for you to go back to it, AFTER a week is done and look at habits you may not even realize you are doing in response to change.
7. After committing to two weeks of journaling, take a look at the overall process. Was it somehow helpful to you? In retrospect, did you gain valuable information from it?
8. If so, consider writing in it for another week.
9. You can use this diary to write down "positive progress" as well. Did you make any changes after your first two weeks?
10. Your Emotional Food Diary can just be the tool you need to take you to a new plateau of understanding your emotional connection to food and how you can actually take control and do something about it!